zondag 26 april 2015

PhD progress. Moral authority

Act One :Prepare.  Before writing
Rule One for using words: Do not use abstract terms, taalwinkel.nl
So, what is my tune going to be?

THE try-out.

Introduction

Green is the name of a specific colour we almost all know when we were between three and four of age. We learned the name of this colour by looking at a pointing finger, following the direction of the finger with our eyes, viewing a coloured area ourselves and at the same time hearing somebody say 'This is green', or with even more detail, 'This is a colour we name green'. We believed this and at the same time you and I had something in common with the person to whom the finger and the sounds belonged. We then learned what green was named, what it is. We can recognize it, almost till we are mourned by by the future generation.

In 1989 the WCED, the World Commission on Environment and Development, published the report 'Our common future'. In chapter nine of this report, named Urban Challenge, the term urban green space, has been typed. It is a political report, obviously. Politicians have ideas. I am questioning now, did they actualy see green space in urban areas or did they made it up, behind their desk with the typingmachine on top? Can they point it to me, the reportwriters I mean. Can they show me the fact of urban green space,?

Is it interesting now, for me to try to understand what they, the reportmakers, meant. Or is it far more interesting now to discover the problems of communication between the ones who write behind their desks and want to teach the world, the ones who are trying to do research by collecting facts and all the other ones who are trying to make living.

Today I announce I am out of school. No more learning. Collecting facts!  That is what I am going to do from now on. Me,  a brave heart without a cause, am a rebel with a cause now.

One of the good persons, so to speak.

That is what moral authority should be about.

What has historical research done to me? I wonder. I feel so much at home now. My pain has gone.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten