vrijdag 29 mei 2015

Phd progress Cities, Europe, scenario's

Did you miss my writings, yesterday? After I had made my self some delicieus pancakes,I went off for a walk. I heard a lot of frogs, along the road. After two hours I felt a fatigue. I even started thinking doom. Maybe, these two are related? In the time going by I wanted to pay some attention to my own desire for tenderness.
And, now, today, here I am again. My dear unknowns. Ready to explore the plants and the cities.

Where did I leave you. I know, scenario thinking about cities in Europe. Which cities to choose?

Scenario one: A diagonal line through Europe from South-West to North-East
Scenario two:  A diagonal line through Europe from Sout-East to North-West
Scenario three: Following the 50 degree meridian
Scenario four: Drawing a circle around Europe
Scenario five: In which cities are the newest variations on 'green'?
Scenario six: Which cities make the most money out of 'green'?
Scenario seven: Which cities have green political parties in the cityboard?
Scenario eight: Which cities have not been written in history, yet? (Which cities are not great?)
Scenario nine:  Thinking green myself, to which cities can I go by bike? (Fun thinking)
Scenario ten: Quantative investigation. How many cities are in Europe, followers by a countdown

Work to do!

I start with scenario nine, because it appeals the most to me. And I have been to a lot of cities in Europe already. So, to go there again, is a little bit boring, don't you think?

What did I decide on to put in front?
The political, the linguistic, the spatial.
Selection criterium nr. One: diversity

Candidate cities:
The city of Groningen, the city of Assen and the city of Emmen.

Please, read on, for further arguments.

The city of Groningen, today, has as many citizens as the city of Amsterdam, a hundred years ago. It is said to be a nice, beautiful, golden, city
The city of Assen has an almost anarchic board.  They call the,themselves liberal, but there are not. It is, really, an ugly city.
The city of Emmen is larger than Assen, smaller than Groningen. It has a zoo, though. The board of the city of Emmen still agrees on keeping animals imprisoned. The city of Emmen is the greenest city of the Netherlands, according to University of Wageningen research, (square meter green rankings), 2015
City nr. 4 and 5? Maybe, when I have time left.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten