dinsdag 26 mei 2015

PhD progress Perfect counterparts, scenario's

The worktitle 'good, bad, ugly', is derived from the title of the film 'the good, the bad, the ugly', directed by Sergio Leone, in the beginning of the sixties, twentieth century. The film has been categorized as a Western, a spaghetti western, if you please. The main characters are men. The plot is to find the pot of gold. This gold is buried somewhere. In the beginning only one person knows where. This person is about to die. Angel eyes (Mr. Bad,  most of us presume) shoots this one with the money knowledge to death, after having extracted information from him. The presumed Good, sometimes almost femininely shot ( an expression used by filmers) also finds the place of gold, with the little help of Mr. Ugly. So far the front 'office'. As a back 'office' , the civil war in the States has been pictured. A desert, some wooden houses, a bridge, village people, horses, guns, mountains, hardly water,  a Father, a woman, and a lot of war men.

So far this script. 1961, Italian director, American actors, location shots in Spain. The money grail.

Why on earth did I selected this script out if the million of scripts passing by and celebrated in Cannes (South of France), every year again?
I do not know precisely, but by doing history now, I am trying to find out.

Does green has anything to do with pink? With purple? With blue? With red and white? With grey?
The writer of The pink pagode....... introduced thirtysix scenario's. Easily interpretated as a patriarchic (or is it patriarchale?) approach.  Isn't it? PABO pappa? (just Dutch kidding). It seems not done in doing history to have pink glasses on. But really, isn't it all in the game?

At least, I am not going to avoid complexity. I am not going to keep it simple. For the one and only
reason: it isn't simple. So, I am not going to pretend it is. Clear cut.

What I learned from doing history nowadays, it is all about facts. As a former math girl, I definitely have a way with that. But, math people are also aiming at the perfect match. Which, in history has another meaning. What is perfect to do in history is to take a look at the other side as well. To counter.

So, there are the subject and objects and there are the coutersubject and counterobjects. Therefore, because I am doing history, implicates this. In the meantime I feel the need to schorten my worktitle. In doing history, naming Good, implies also to study Bad. What to do with Ugly, then? To go ahead with countering, I may be better name it Beauty. Beauty, now, will attract more persons curious to my future writings and Beauty is the counter of Ugly. Isn't it? (Reasonable doubt)

What is it going to be? (Scenario thinking)
Good, Ugly
Good, Beauty
Bad, Ugly
Bad, Beauty

As I will procede in my next blog.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten