donderdag 6 augustus 2015

History Geschiedenis Whathappened

The word history is quite British, his tory, zijn Tory
The word geschiedenis is quite Dutch, dat wat geschied is

Now I am a Dutch citizen , wanting to communicate with people, also people who do not understand Dutch, at least the Dutch written language.
The core business of doing 'history ' in the Netherlands nowadays is to do inventory and to write factual.

So I thought, winwin, why not name it Whathappened?
By now, I introduce this word into my txts:  whathappened
Probably people are going to shorten it, and make it sound nice, like they did with so many words. Let's try Whatshapp. Or is this too American of me?

Argument: ' het schip dekt de lading', a Dutch saying. Does it? Dekt het schip nu de lading?

Is this good enough? Can I not do better? Is it perfect, complete?
No, not really, because this word gives the suggestion of neutrality, objectivity. And, what I learned from doing history/geschiedenis is that hardly anything people do is objective.
So, according to me, we, on the Eurasia continent are living in happy times. If I mix this with Whatshapp , the result can be Whatshappy

Yeah, let's call it Whatshappy

Countering it, it becomes Whatssad ( what do you say? Yes, what is said, schortened and sounded)

Both are options for me. Then I have something to choose, everytime and I like that. If I want to write a comic story I can use the Whatshappy, if I am going to write a tragedy I can use Whatssad. And maybe, just maybe I come up with other words as well, some other time.

 IT could be possible it is becoming a friend of whatsapp, as well, you never know. That is not up to me, alone.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten