zaterdag 1 augustus 2015

PhDproces History. Wisdom, Earth and law

The most impressive travels I made on planet Earth were to the other side of 'my'  world, the continent of Australia. Once I spent 5 weeks, the second time I even wandered around for 7 weeks. 1998, 2005.  The east coast, the outback, the west coast, Brisbane, didgeridoo.

And sure, I visited some bookstores in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide. Well, its becoming late this saturday, let's keep it by a poem, an original poem, an aboriginal poem

Law
Aborigine can't make law
It comes from long time ago
From the first time
It can never change
Always the same

Our culture can never change
Our law can never change
Only people can change
They born...
They die.
But law stays the same.

Each person is responsible for law,
For culture.

From: Wisdom from the Earth. The living legacy of the Aboriginal dreamtime, Anna Voigt, Nevill Drury, 1998, p.8

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten