woensdag 1 juli 2015

Green, cities and Europe

'Green' in the meaning of the plants, vegetation

My concern of today:
Plant thinking
I cite two readings, the first by meester Bert, newsletter group 3c, week 27, Karrepadschool, Groningen, the second by Doris Lessing, Het gouden boek, (1988), p.547 and I will describe two drawings made by Jacob Cats ( Vadertje Cats, perhaps the first National poet, dichter des Vaderlands)

The first (In Dutch, I shall translate later).
Het voorjaar, voortgestuwd door bijzondere weersomstandigheden, was afgelopen voordat de meeste groenten en bloemen daar erg in hadden. Toch was het weer leuk, vond ik, wantijen kunt overal iets van maken. Een plant die het te koud of te droog heeft, laat veel over zich vertellen. We hadden de tuin ingedeeld in uitgenodigde en niet-uitgenodigde . De laatsten kregen vooral de meeste aandacht al 'plant' van de week', elke week een nieuwe: weegbree, vergeet-mij-nietje, melkdistel, kleine klaver, echte kamille. Een hele middag zat voor ons een vermoeide distelvlinder model op duizendschoon. Staan er prachtig bij, nog steeds, kom even ruiken. Soms vloog hij even weg, als het hem te veel werd. Een paar ijverige kauwtjes aten eerst nauwgezet alle tarwe en daarna alle suikermaïs op. Dat ligt in hun aard. Ze zij er net geen Vogel des Vaderlands mee geworden. Op de daklijst van het schoolgebouw hamerde een bonte specht. De peultjes groeien hoog boven hun steunhek uit en bloeien mooi wit, de eerste peulen smaakten heerlijk zoet. De kruidentuin geurt. De bloemen in de prei gaan open. En nu wordt het zomer en gaat de school dicht.

The second.

Het weefsel van het kleed vervulde me met afschuw, een dood, gefabriceerd ding; mijn lichaam was een dun, mager, spits plantaardig ding, net een plant die geen zon kreeg, en toen ik mijn hoofdhaar aanraakte, was het dood.

The third.
For the lucky bastaards who also own a copy of the book ' the Embarrasment of Richess. An interpretation of Dutch culture in the Golden age' by Simon Schama, (1987), on page 5 are two images printed, one from an 'engraved frontispice' and one from a 'woodcut', with the text ' lateat dum pateat'. In the middle of the two images a text is printed:  ' houwelyck: dat is de gantsche gelegentheydt des echten- staets, gedruckt anno 1655.
What everyone can see on both 'images' in the book are two persons and a ceramic ( like) pot with a tulipplant. The pot and tulipplant are situated in the middle, the two persons, both female, are situated each on one site of the pot and tulipplant. On the engraved image, one can also see a bird, a small dog and the head and one leg of a whitish sheep. Very small drawn/ engraved is a building which could resemble a churchbuilding, like the Martini church, Groningen.
On the woodcut image one can see the same main three figures: a woman on the left, a pot and tulipplant in the middle and a woman on the right. On this piece no birds, a small dog and the head and two legs of a larger dog. No resemblance of a building can be looked at.

Intriguing, isn't it!

And as a gift, a 'toegift', because The Lay ( Dutch singer) has passed away recently, two Belgian artist have made this most intriguing 'painting' , called 'Blauw blauw blauw keer ik terug naar jou', inspired by Picasso, or better, by a painting made by Picasso (the Spanish painter) with the name 'La Belle Hollandaise' (1905)

I suddenly remember a phrase from a printed interview with M. Houlebecq, because he had written this book Sousmission', wherein Houlebecq apparently has been said: ' I am glad that I am not a woman in these times'. And I have written in one of my blogs: I have no talent for soumission. I can write, 'I am so glad I am a woman'(some song from the eightties). I can sing so many songs. All night long.

How come?
I think because I do all this thinking...........and not let myself be distracted......and I have no fear, thanks to the mental support of one of my grandfathers, I like to think ......and I have all these talents...........and I love the world............and I work bloody hard for it.........and I challenge people...........I irritate people........I shock people............I know, I am really lucky! Like my son.

But somehow, nobody wishes to be me. So odd, don't you think? Don't tell anyone, please, you promise?





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten